|Overall Rating||No Ratings|
Cloud-Based Email Archiving Provider LiveOffice Launches Client Bill of Rights
New LiveOffice Mail Archive Features Accompany Announcement, including LiveOffice CloudMerge Tool to Automate Migration
TORRANCE, Calif., April 16, 2009 — LiveOffice, a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS),email hosting, email archiving and email continuity solutions today launched its first-ever Client Bill of Rights. This effort represents LiveOffice’s pledge to maintain absolute transparency and honest communication with its 8,500 clients nationwide. In addition, the Client Bill of Rights proactively addresses common concerns from prospective cloud-based solution users, in terms of clarifying charges, ownership of data, service availability and system security.
“LiveOffice’s Client Bill of Rights is a testament to the company’s expertise in the SaaS messaging industry. With more than 10 years experience delivering enterprise-class security and high network uptime, LiveOffice understands that trust is only gained by continuously meeting or exceeding expectations and honoring service level commitments to its clients and prospects,” said Brian Babineau, senior analyst for Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG).
These are the 10 articles, all of which have been ratified by LiveOffice’s executive team and employees:
- The right to be treated fairly and honestly during your buying experience: We listen to your needs, requests and expectations, and provide a consultative approach during your decision-making process.
- The right to see a clear description of all charges with no hidden fees: We provide complete consistency across our quote, service contract and monthly invoice.
- The right to access your data anytime, anywhere: We understand that YOU own your data, so we provide easy access to it 24–7–365.
- The right to 99.99-percent uptime of your services: We utilize independent, third-party specialists to monitor the availability of our services to ensure optimal uptime.
- The right to data security, both in transit and at rest: We use encryption technology to securely transfer your email and safeguard it from unauthorized access and tampering.
- The right to e-discovery and audit support: We provide advanced search tools and all necessary certifications to help you quickly respond to any audit or e-discovery request.
- The right to escalate your concerns if you feel that your needs are not being met: We encourage you to contact our executive team if your needs are not met via our normal support channels.
- The right to new product releases at no additional cost: We add ever-increasing functionality with regular service upgrades, which are automatically available with your standard subscription.
- The right to provide input into our product direction: We routinely solicit your suggestions on desired features via client satisfaction surveys and regular client webcasts.
- The right to an update or resolution on service requests within 24 hours: We deliver 90-percent first-call resolution and promise to keep you updated until your issue is resolved.
In a recent LiveOffice survey of prospective clients, 69 percent of respondents had concerns over the security of their data when entrusting it to a third party. “It’s now more important than ever for SaaS vendors to provide clients with a high level of comfort regarding the security and ownership of their data. Unquestionably, LiveOffice’s Client Bill of Rights is a step in the right direction. It helps clients better understand what to expect from LiveOffice when it comes to technology enhancements, access to data and client support,” added ESG’s Babineau.
New Mail Archive Features
In addition to today’s Client Bill of Rights announcement, the company also introduced the latest enhancements to LiveOffice Mail Archive. The newest features provide users with enhanced tools for legacy data migration, advanced encryption within their archive and expanded mail server support.
- LiveOffice CloudMerge: The CloudMerge migration tool automates the process of moving email data from both on-premise email servers and hosted services to the cloud-based Mail Archive with rapid speed, limited effort for administrators and minimal impact to end users.
- NetApp DataFort-based encryption: While many companies are concerned about the security of their data in the cloud, Mail Archive eases these worries by providing greater protection for emails, attachments and instant messages stored in its archives. Now, all messages stored in Mail Archive can automatically be encrypted, using DataFort, a hardware-based encryption system from industry-leading storage vendor NetApp.
- Lotus Notes/Domino support: In addition to seamless integration with Microsoft Exchange Server, Mail Archive now supports additional corporate mail servers, including Lotus Notes/Domino. While archive integrations with Lotus Notes/Domino servers have been historically challenging, Mail Archive is the first solution to deliver an extremely administrator-friendly process. Plus, this expanded support is great news for companies running heterogeneous messaging environments that also need a single, unified SaaS archiving solution to meet their mailbox management, compliance and legal discovery needs.
LiveOffice is a leading provider of software-as-a-service email archiving and Hosted Exchange 2007 solutions, with more than 8,500 clients and a 99-percent client-retention rate. Founded in 1998 and backed by leading private-equity firm Summit Partners, the company has more than 100 employees with deep experience in messaging, including executives and board members from Symantec, Microsoft, FrontBridge and Postini. For more information, call 800.374.2032 or visit www.liveoffice.com. Visit the LiveOffice Blog at http://blog.liveoffice.com.