|Overall Rating||No Ratings|
In-house Exchange Solution vs. Hosted Exchange Solution
Posted by Exchange Hosting Reviews as Help Center
Microsoft Exchange is a very complicated service. It requires a fluent understanding of the software. Given the importance of the data and connectivity, expertise is a requirement when dealing with Exchange. If you have the resources to handle Exchange, the flexibility might be worth it. Below are the key points of each strategy.
- Very very high up-front cost. Tens of thousands of dollars can be spent to setup servers, acquire licenses, and implement access
- An expert on staff is required to make sure of the uptime and administration
- Time consuming trouble shooting and implementation
- Long term costs of upgrades and maintenance add up
- Full flexibility and administration
- Low and sometimes no initial setup costs
- Fully managed by experienced professionals
- Support and upgrades are included in packages and available 24hrs a day.
- Prescreened SPAM on the off-site server
- Costs are easy to project and budget
- Fast creation and administration of mailboxes and basic policies